Installation must conform with local codes or, in the absence of local codes, to the National Fuel Gas Code, ANSI Z223.1/Latest Edition.
" WARNING: This is a vented gas appliance for use only in a solid-fuel burning fireplace constructed on non-combustible material with a fully functional chimney flue which must vent all products of combustion. When operating, the chimney DAMPER MUST BE FULLY OPEN
• Due to high temperatures, the appliance should be located out of traffic and away from furniture and draperies.
• Children and adults should be alerted to the hazard of high surface temperatures and should stay away to avoid burns or clothing ignition.
• Young children should be carefully supervised when they are in the same room with the appliance. • Do not place clothing or other flammable material on or near the appliance.
• Installation and repair should be done by a qualified service person. The appliance should be inspected before use and at least annually by a professional service person. More frequent cleaning may be required due to excessive lint from carpeting, bedding material etc. It is imperative that control compartments, burners and circulating air passageways of the appliance be kept clean.
• WARNING: Failure to keep the primary air opening(s) of the burner clean may result in sooting and property damage. • Keep appliance area clear and free from combustible materials, gasoline and other flammable vapors and liquids.
• DO NOT use this room appliance if any part has been under water. Immediately call a qualified service technician to inspect the appliance and to replace any part of the control system and any gas control that has been under water.
• WARNING: Before installing in a solid-fuel burning fireplace, the chimney flue and firebox must be cleaned of soot, creosote, ashes and loose paint by a qualified chimney cleaner.
• WARNING: Do not allow fans to blow directly into the fireplace. Avoid any drafts that alter burner flame pat-terns.
• A fireplace screen must be in place when the appliance is operating and, unless other provisions for combustion air are provided, the screen shall have an opening(s) for introduction of combustion air. • Solid fuels shall not be burned in a fireplace where this appliance is installed.
• WARNING: Glass doors must be fully opened when appliance is in operation to allow for safe combustion, cooling of components and venting.
• Avoid contact with the objects or another part which may be hot during operation.
• BE CAREFUL if not installed, serviced and used correctly per these instructions, this product can cause serious personal injury, property damage or loss of life. IMPORTANT INFORMATION We recommend that our products be installed and serviced by professionals who are certified in the U.S. by the National Fireplace institute" (NFl) as NFl Specialists or who are certified in Canada by Wood ~ Energy Technical Wood Energy . . Technical Training www.nficertified.org Training (WETT).